– How Declutter Your Home
Golden Girls Senior Placement Services have put together an online checklist for you how to downsize or declutter your space means reducing possessions. In addition to this list, click read more and watch a video from leading expert Matt Paxton! Matt is author of “Keep the Memories, Lose The Stuff: Declutter, Downsize, And Move Forward With Your Life”. He has been featured for years on a TV show where he acquired expertise as a hoarding and decluttering guru.
View this video for gaining BEST pro tips from Matt Paxton.
How decluttering your home, helps to Conserve Natural Resources and reap financial benefits. The story of the 2017 movie revolves around a scientist who invents downsizing which is a scientific way to shrink people. In the movie a married couple, Paul and Audrey decided to downsize just for the reason of living a peaceful and wealthy life. Unlike this Hollywood movie, how to downsize or declutter your space means reducing possessions or getting help for seniors to liquidate their worldly goods to a reasonable load.
How we declutter your home – Checklist from Golden Placements:
- Devise Plan with Future in Focus on Why you are ready to declutter your home.
- Be Selfish and Be Clear about your Future Life and Space.
- Stop storing STUFF if you use it then KEEP IT. Be Honest!
- Take time to reminisce
- Start small to declutter your home- Set a time limit. 15 minutes at a time.
- Start early. Organizing, packing and moving your belongings will probably take more time than you expect allowing ample time lets you go at your pace.
- Document your loved ones’ favorite vignettes. A favorite sofa coupled with that SAME cozy blanket makes a big difference in the transition to a new home.
- Make an effort to Lay out your new floor plan. Measure and Draw.
- Discard duplicates to declutter your home FAST.
- Adopt the “one year” rule.
- Labeling System.
- Digitize Memories.
- Consolidate Collections.
- Repurpose Recreate or Restore
- Regift Something Special to a Friend
- Host an Estate Sale.
- Donate items to your favorite charity.
- Sentimental Item items can be given new life:
- Cards, notes and letters, old photos – Frame your most valued love letters and notes on your wall to cut down on clutter. There’s also no better time to create a scrapbook than when you have an endless amount of treasured cards from the people you love most.
- Ensure a safe moving day.
- Talk with a Focus on your Future Adventure at the New Location.
Before the Move:
- Prepare an essentials bag:
- Cleaning supplies
- Kitchen and meal supplies
Now that you have MOVED:
- Meet your New Neighbors
- Make Plans in the Community
Estate Sale to Declutter Your Home
When you are relocating a loved one sometimes it is time to bring in an expert Estate Sale locally! Hiring a pro is really is the easiest way to how declutter your home. You do not have to do everything yourself. If fact if you really need and want to get the job of estate sale accomplished there are elite group of people in your area who will take on this task so you can spend time doing better things! Below is a professional estate sale provider. One phone call and she can help you get moving in the right direction for e!
Estate Sale Tips From Sandra Millius of Millius Estates
When you are relocating, helping someone else do so, or liquidating an estate, it is wise to consult with a professional estate sale provider. The estate sale professional can offer advice about how to best sell or otherwise liquidate your possessions. She can describe the various options and help you decide which method(s) best meet your needs. That consultation is free and generally done at the home (or location of the sale items). If an estate sale is the best option, the estate sale professional will perform a number of services to prepare items for sale, to conduct the sale and to arrange disposal of goods not sold. In most cases those services include: cleaning, organizing and display, marketing & advertising, as well as staffing both the prep & sale, and providing various clean out services.
Preparing for an Estate Sale
While preparing for the estate sale, the professional may recognize that certain items should be sold in another venue. And, certain items that remain unsold after an estate sale, may likewise be candidates for sale at auction or otherwise. The experienced professional, trained in appraisal methods, can be expected to recognize such items, research their value, call in special experts when required, and determine the best sale venue. That professional can handle art, antiques and the spectrum of residential contents!
What to Consider When Selecting a Professional Estate Sale Specialist
- Years the company has been in business and/or experience in related fields of business.
- Qualifications: the specialist is expected to be able to put a value on the items to be sold. Ask how pricing is determined & when, or if, they utilize other experts.
- Ask for references from past clients – and check them out.
- Ask about fees. Estate sale fees are based on a percentage of gross sales, often backed with a minimum fee. Ask what services are covered and what additional services, if any, are charged against the gross sales amount.
- Is the professional’s company registered, bonded and insured?
- Ask for a contract & review it carefully prior to signing.
+ + +
Ask the right questions and make sure you do some comparison-shopping to insure you get the best in service! Call or email Jeff Motsinger & Sandra Millius of http://www.milliusestateservice.com/ for a free consultation today. 503.382.3838 firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Share this Post
Top Resources on How Declutter Your Home:
Here are some resources to help you learn more about preventing seniors from living in clutter or squalor:
- Moving happens at any age but if you are a senior there are other factors, physical abilities, emotional attachment, health issues. Because we have these issues, we look to is National Institute on Aging, NIA. NIA research has furthered our understanding of the nature of aging. NIA leads a broad scientific effort to understand the nature of aging and to extend the healthy, active years of life. When it is time to move from home.
- CDC on dealing with a messy home – There are many different levels of clean. Sometimes it is wise to hire a cleaning expert or enlist family or friends to help get your clean on. How to Clean and Keep your Home Clean
- Official Website for the State of Oregon offers resources for a healthy home with a NEW Healthy Home GRANT Program.
- Golden Placements Adult Services – Mom and Dad in Hot Weather
- Considering Bringing Your Folks Home? – Here are some AARP tips and tricks
Diane Delaney, Placement Specialist Extraordinaire
Delaney is the founder of Golden Placement Services. She began this business with a healthy dose of compassion for helping families make educated decisions regarding senior placement. Focused to relieve stress in uncertain senior housing crucial moments. Diane brings about loving change of lifestyle with grace. Diane is an accomplished executive manager, Director of Operations in senior housing. She enjoys sharing her experience by writing about the full spectrum of the transition process for seniors and family members.
Read more from Senior Placement Specialist Diane: Ultimate Senior Living Resource Guide >>
LaVona Tombrelin, Senior Placement Specialist
Tombrelin brings a high level of education and experience to you as your Senior Placement Specialist at GPS. She loves writing about improving the lives of Elderly working in private care and in-home care for over 36 years. Geriatrics, Memory Care. Plus holds Master of Psychology Behavioral Health with the goal of advocating for those who needed a voice. Helping the families to make good decisions and to relieve their stress in uncertain times makes life worthwhile.
Learn More: Read articles from Placement Specialist LaVona: End of Life Transition a heart felt Guide >>